Man of New Zealand
Title Notes: Voyage II
Page: plate 45
London, Greater London, England
Materials & Technique:
engraving, printed in black ink, from one copper plate; additions in black pencil
Support: thin smooth cream paper subsequently affixed to backing sheet of thin smooth cream laid paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark
Edition State: working state
Impression: proof with corrections
Edition: print run unknown
Primary Insc: no inscriptions
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: Inscribed with voyage and plate numbers upper right of backing sheet in black pencil, '2 [enclosed in circle] / 45'.
x 21.5 w
x 21.5 w
x 38.7 w
: Purchased 2013
: NGA 2013.4129.9.72
: Voyages of exploration and discovery 1600-1900: English
- Collection of Charles Hoare (1767-1851) of Luscombe, Devon, England, grandson of Henry Hoare of Stourhead, Wiltshire and a partner in the family bank Hoare & Co. [Bookplate]
- ? Hoare family library, Stourhead, Wiltshire
- Unknown collection.
- Collection of John D. Altmann (1919-1996).
- At auction 'Rare books and manuscripts', Melbourne: Christie's Australia, 28 November 1996, lot 626 (ill.) estimate $30-40,000.
- With Hordern House Rare Books, Sydney.
- Purchased by the National Gallery of Australia, from Hordern House Rare Books, Sydney, 2013.