Kensington, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- England and elsewhere 1925-31
Harper and Brothers
Marsham Hatch, Kent, England
Design for dustwrapper for book 'The Princess with the pea-green nose'
Collection Title: Illustrations for the book "The Princess with the pea-green nose"
Materials & Technique:
drawing in pen and ink and watercolour
Support: paper mounted on paper
Primary Insc: signed lower right in pen and black ink, 'Myra Cocks'.
Secondary Insc: Inscriptions (all in pen and black ink) as parts of title sheet:
* upper edge ' 'The Princess with/the pea-green nose'/by E.H Knatchbull-Hugessen' .
* lower edge 'Illustrated by Myra Cocks/ Harper Brothers Publishers/Established 1817'.
* lower left 'Harpers'.
* upper left 'The Princess/with the/pea-/green nose/Knatch-/bull/Huges-/sen'.
Tertiary Insc: Label verso lower left, 'Princess w. Pea-Green Nose / $40 / Illus. by / Myra Cocks'.
x 15.1 w
x 27.9 w
x 29.6 w
: Purchased 1994
: NGA 94.1495
- Purchased by the National Gallery of Australia, from Woolloomooloo Gallery, Sydney, October 1994.